Wentworth’s Architecture Process
Remodeling your home is complicated so we take care of the details for you to ensure the end result is exactly what you envisioned.
Throughout the entire home architecture process, from initial design meeting to final construction, Wentworth is there to guide you every step of the way. We are highly committed to quality work and precision – we’re not happy with the final result until you are!
One of the best parts about working with Wentworth is the simplicity of the home architecture process. Under one roof, we offer architecture, design and construction services. In short, we are your single source for any home building needs you have in the Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia area!
Home Architecture Process Details
The Wentworth team provides cost-effective, comprehensive design-build services.
These 10 steps take you through our home architecture process:
- Initial Consultation: We meet with you in your home to view the space and gather information about your goals for the design-build project.
- Conceptual Budget: Based on the initial information, we establish a conceptual budget for your home architecture project.
- Design Phase: We measure and photograph your house and begin to develop design solutions.
- Design Presentation: We present you with designs – complete with plans, elevations, perspectives, product samples and more.
- Budget Review: The preferred design is used to establish a more accurate budget range for your home architecture project.
- Home Construction Documents: On your authorization, we prepare final drawings and specifications.
- Interior Design, Products and Finishes: Our interior design staff guides you through the selection process.
- Fixed-Price Contract: A fixed-price contract is prepared from the final plans and specifications.
- Building Permits: We procure all necessary approvals and permits for construction.
- Home Construction: Construction begins as scheduled.
Design-Build Architecture Options
When you work with Wentworth, we present you with different options. Many homeowners want to remodel but are interested in preserving the historic style of their home (Tudor, Georgian, Italianate, etc.). We can do this by presenting a few options for additions or other types of remodels that stay true to the home’s original architecture.
Take a look at different options we presented for a rear addition to a Tudor style home in DC:
Our home architects serve many parts of the DC metropolitan area, including (but not limited to):
Contact our DC architects today to learn more about our home design-build process and let us put our experience to work for you!
Learn more about our architecture philosophy.