Could your home use an update? Whether you’re looking to modernize the kitchen, finish the basement, or make better use of the attic, Wentworth can make it happen. We offer a vast array of remodeling services to help you fall back in love with your home.
If your home no longer meets your needs, moving isn’t the only option. A whole-house renovation may be the best way to revitalize your living space without having to pack up and move. Your project may include a combination of remodeling, reconfigurations, and additions to make your home everything you’ve always wanted.
Do you love hosting dinner parties? A small, outdated kitchen can make cooking and entertaining a crowd difficult if not impossible. Make the space work harder for you with a kitchen renovation from Wentworth. We’ll help you design a new layout, select materials and finishes, and bring it all together with reliable construction services.
The best bathrooms combine function and luxury into one coherent package. That’s what we strive for here at Wentworth — a remodeled bathroom that pampers you every day while incorporating things like built-in storage and low-maintenance materials. So sit back and let us bring your dream bathroom to life!
Are you looking for an easy way to double the size of your living space without building an addition? Basement remodeling is the answer! You can transform this underutilized space into a playroom, home office, home theater, in-law suite, and much more.
If you have an existing carport you wish was an enclosed garage, Wentworth can make it happen. Or, if you’ve always wanted an attached or detached garage, we can obtain the necessary approvals and building permits to add one to your property. Finally, if you’re looking for a cost-effective way to add more living space, a garage conversion could be right for you. In short, Wentworth is your single source for garage remodeling and additions in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia.
When it starts becoming more difficult to get around the house, but you want to live out your golden years without moving, aging-in-place design could be the solution. This remodeling technique makes your home safer and more accessible as your needs change with age. We’ll listen closely to your desires to ensure the finished project exceeds your expectations.
Historic Home Remodeling
Renovating a historic home requires special care, both in terms of respecting the original architecture and understanding the logistics involved with the project. Luckily, Wentworth specializes in historic home remodeling, making this a viable option for the thousands of historic homeowners in DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia.
The attic is another underutilized part of your home that you can convert into a living room, bedroom, home office, library, or craft room. We’ll help you work out the details, such as extending the ductwork and installing insulation, to ensure your attic renovation goes off without a hitch.
Whether your primary goal is to make a good first impression, increase resale value, or get more use from your outdoor living space, you could use an exterior renovation. Over the years, we have completed countless projects, including covered porches and patios, hardscapes, facade enhancements, and much more.
Frequently Asked Remodeling Questions
Is it cheaper to remodel or build a new house?
Unless there is exceptional damage or deterioration to the structural elements of the home, including the foundation, it is typically more cost-effective to remodel than it is to build a new house.
In what order should you renovate a house?
A house renovation typically follows this order:
- Structural and Safety Concerns: Foundation repairs, roof repairs or replacement, and damaged siding and/or window repairs or replacements to prevent water penetration.
- Demolition: Tearing down and disposal of structure and materials.
- Rebuilding: Addition of new walls, beams, doorways, and window frames.
- Electrical, Plumbing, and HVAC: Installation of utilities and HVAC equipment while the walls are open.
- Insulation and Drywall: Insulation installation in walls, attics, ceilings, and walls finished with drywall.
- Windows: Installation of energy-efficient window replacements.
- Finish Work: Baseboard, door and window trim, crown molding, built-in shelving, and more.
- Paint and Wallpaper: Finishing off interior wall surfaces and trim with paint or wallpaper.
- Flooring: Installation of hard and soft flooring.
- Cabinetry and Appliances: Installation of cabinetry, countertops, backsplashes, and appliances.
- Exterior Finishes and Gutters: Finishing touches on the exterior of the home.
What are the steps in remodeling a house?
- Consultation: The initial consultation takes place in your home in order to view the space and determine your goals for the remodel.
- Budgeting: A conceptual budget is established for the project.
- Design: Preliminary designs are created and presented.
- Plans: The budget is reviewed and adjusted, and the final drawings are completed.
- Design: The homeowners choose their finishes, products, and materials.
- Contract: A fixed-price contract is prepared.
- Permits: All necessary permits and approvals are obtained.
- Construction: Construction begins.
How long does it take to do a full renovation?
On average, a whole-home renovation can take anywhere from four to eight months or more. This timeline is dependent on the size and scope of the project and may be better established once the final plans are in place.
How should I choose a contractor?
Choose a contractor that has established itself as an industry leader with the experience, knowledge, and credentials needed for the successful completion of your remodel. Ask for referrals and view past remodeling projects to determine the quality of the work and attention to detail.
Request Home Remodeling in DC, Maryland & Northern Virginia
As a design-build firm, Wentworth can take your home remodeling project from start to finish. We offer architectural services, interior design, and construction work all under one roof for a streamlined process. We also focus on providing comprehensive, cost-effective services to help you maximize your investment. Begin your project with confidence, knowing that our team is fully licensed, insured, and A+ rated with the BBB.