Design-Build Remodeling Services in Washington DC, Maryland & Northern Virginia
When you need the best home remodeling company in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, look no further than the team at Wentworth, Inc. Our remodeling team includes experienced architects, designers, and builders who work together to offer cost-effective, comprehensive design-build services to homes throughout the DMV area.
Contact us online to schedule a consultation for your remodeling project! We are based in Chevy Chase, MD, and serve the surrounding area “near me,” including Washington, DC, and Northern Virginia.
We build beautiful home additions and provide a variety of remodeling services, including:
When you hire Wentworth for a new kitchen design, we handle all the details. We are your architect, designer, and builder. Because you will never have to further complicate the process by hiring a separate architect and kitchen designer, the Wentworth value is hard to beat. We will design your new kitchen layout, plan the space, and select the appliances, countertops, and other finishes—all within our one simple design fee.
Schedule a kitchen remodeling consultation for your DMV-area home today!
They say the design of a bathroom is all in the details. We understand the joy of a functional bathroom, one where you aren’t cramped and uncomfortable. We also understand the importance and necessity of luxury details. A Wentworth bathroom remodel combines function and luxury even when it seems like an impossible match.
Looking to remodel your DC, VA, or MD bathroom? Contact us now!
If you want to add more space to your DC metropolitan area home without building an addition, basement remodeling is a viable option. Basement remodeling is a smart way to reap the benefits of unused space that already exists in your home. Basements, particularly cramped and dreary basements, can be put to better use as playrooms, home offices, guest rooms, exercise studios, and more.
Whether it’s used for parking or storage of sports equipment, a garage is a practical luxury and its benefits are many. For those of us who park our cars in a garage, escape from bad weather is one of the best benefits! In the winter, your car is warmer and you never have to deal with frosty windows or snowy windshields. In the tight parking areas we’re so familiar with in Washington, DC, a garage certainly guarantees you won’t have to spend time searching for a spot on the street. Rarely used back porches are also great for space reconfiguration.
The attic holds a lot of potential for livable space if you need more room in your home but don’t want to build an addition or move away. Converting your attic into a livable room is not only an excellent way to expand space but may also be possible at a reasonable cost! The Wentworth team has experience converting different types of attics and will make sure no detail is overlooked.
If you love your neighborhood but your beloved home no longer fits your needs or has enough space to accommodate your growing family, moving is not the only option. Often, when your home isn’t functioning the way you need it to, space reconfiguration or a whole house renovation may be the best solution to get what you need without having to put up a “for sale” sign.
Remodeling a historic home requires not only sensitivity towards the original design and the architectural history but also an understanding of the logistics involved with obtaining approvals for remodeling a home in a historic district. Over the years, the Wentworth remodeling contractors have gained extensive knowledge of the zoning, building codes and historic materials necessary to ensure any historic home remodeling project runs smoothly and produces a truly seamless final result.
A lot of people wish to stay at home throughout their maturing years, and with aging-in-place design, staying at home as long as possible is an easy reality. Aging in place refers to living in your home safely, comfortably, and independently no matter your age or ability level. According to the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), the majority of homeowners want to age in place. Our home remodel company can help you fulfill that wish.
Frequently Asked Remodeling Questions
Is it cheaper to remodel or build a new house?
Unless there is exceptional damage or deterioration to the structural elements of the home, including the foundation, it is typically more cost-effective to remodel than it is to build a new house.
In what order should you renovate a house?
A house renovation typically follows this order:
- Structural and Safety Concerns – Foundation repairs, roof repairs or replacement, and damaged siding and/or window repair or replacement to prevent water penetration.
- Demolition – Tearing down and disposal of structure and materials.
- Rebuilding – Addition of new walls, beams, doorways, and window frames.
- Electrical, Plumbing, and HVAC – Installation of utilities and HVAC equipment while the walls are open.
- Insulation and Drywall – Insulation installation in walls, attic, and ceilings, and walls finished with drywall.
- Windows – Installation of energy efficient window replacements.
- Finish Work – Baseboard, door and window trim, crown molding, built-in shelving, and more.
- Paint and Wallpaper – Finishing of interior wall surfaces and trim with paint or wallpaper.
- Flooring – Installation of hard and soft flooring.
- Cabinetry and Appliances – Installation of cabinetry, countertops, backsplashes, and appliances.
- Exterior Finishes and Gutters – Finishing touches on the exterior of the home.
What are the steps in remodeling a house?
- Consultation – The initial consultation takes place in your home in order to view the space and determine your goals for the remodel.
- Budgeting – A conceptual budget is established for the project.
- Design – Preliminary designs are created and presented.
- Plans – The budget is reviewed and adjusted and the final drawings are completed.
- Design – The homeowners choose their finishes, products, and materials.
- Contract – A fixed-price contract is prepared.
- Permits – All necessary permits and approvals are obtained.
- Construction – Construction begins.
How long does it take to do a full renovation?
On average, a whole-home renovation can take anywhere from four to eight months or more. This timeline is dependent on the size and scope of the project and may be better established once the final plans are in place.
How should I choose a contractor?
Choose a contractor that has established themselves as an industry leader with the experience, knowledge, and credentials needed for the successful completion of your remodel. Ask for referrals and view past remodeling projects to determine the quality of the work and attention to detail.
Looking for the Best Remodeling Contractors in the DC Metropolitan Area?
Never ask, “Where can I find a remodeler near me?” again! Wentworth offers the experience and expertise you need to create a home you’ll love for years to come. If you’re not yet sold, check out our testimonials and our BBB and GuildQuality profiles!
If you’re ready to bring your vision to life, contact the award-winning team at Wentworth for home remodeling services in Washington, DC and the surrounding areas in Montgomery County, Maryland and Northern Virginia!