Home Construction Process
The home construction process is complicated so we take care of the details for you to ensure your dream home is brought to life.
If you live in the Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia area, Wentworth is your single source for any home design-build needs you have. Every step of the way, from initial design consultation to final home construction, we’ll guide you and make sure your home is turning out exactly how you planned.
We provide a range of home construction services, including (but certainly not limited to):
- Home additions
- Exterior remodeling
- Façade enhancements
- Garage remodeling and conversions
- Basement remodeling
No two people are alike, and the same goes for houses. None are completely identical – and this notion drives the Wentworth design-build process. Our goal is to make your house a comfortable, beautiful home that is uniquely yours!
Home Construction Process Details
The Wentworth team provides cost-effective, comprehensive design-build services.
These 10 steps take you through our home construction process:
- Initial consultation: We meet with you in your home to view the space and gather information about your goals for the design-build project.
- Conceptual Budget: Based on the initial information, we establish a conceptual budget for your project.
- Design Phase: We measure and photograph your house and begin to develop design solutions.
- Design Presentation: We present you with designs – complete with plans, elevations, perspectives, product samples and more.
- Budget Review: The preferred design is used to establish a more accurate budget range for your home construction project.
- Home Construction Documents: On your authorization, we prepare final drawings and specifications.
- Interior Design, Products and Finishes: Our interior design staff guides you through the selection process.
- Fixed-Price Contract: A fixed-price contract is prepared from the final plans and specifications.
- Building Permits: We procure all necessary approvals and permits for construction.
- Home Construction: Construction begins as scheduled.
Contact our home architects today to learn more about our home construction services and let us put our experience and expertise to work for you!
Learn more about our construction philosophy.
Our architects serve the the DC metropolitan area, including (but not limited to):