Kitchen Remodeling in Washington, DC
Whether you use your kitchen to cook extravagant meals for your family or you like to entertain friends, it’s a room that’s used every day. This means kitchens are one of the most commonly remodeled rooms in a home. Smart and thoughtful kitchen remodeling not only adds value to your home, but it also contributes to increased daily enjoyment.
Wentworth, Inc. specializes in custom kitchen remodeling and kitchen design-build in the Washington, DC area. We have experience remodeling in many neighborhoods and areas, from Woodley Park, Kalorama, and other areas in Northwest DC to Capitol Hill, the Southwest Waterfront, and more.
A Kitchen Design Tailored to You
Every Wentworth kitchen remodeling project begins with research. Based on the client’s needs, with a particular emphasis on meal preparation and dining habits, we form a unique plan suitable for the home and the homeowner. A truly stunning kitchen is one that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
We explore these commonly considered issues when embarking upon a major kitchen remodeling project:
- How will the kitchen be used? Mainly for cooking? Entertaining? A bit of both?
- What type of seating will best suit the kitchen’s primary use? A breakfast nook? Bar space and barstools? An elegant dining room table?
- How can the home be altered to suit the existing structure and architectural style while adding space and function?
- How do the home’s age, style, and period impact the aesthetics of the kitchen to ensure a seamless integration of the old with the new?
- Will the addition of new windows and doors with access to the outside increase natural light and overall enjoyment of the space?
Because Wentworth specializes in remodeling kitchens in older homes to fit contemporary lifestyles, we are uniquely attuned to the challenges of designing a kitchen for older, urban homes. With a thoughtful design, one that takes into account the homeowner’s life and the home’s historic charm, a dark galley kitchen can be transformed into a modern and sunny cooking and entertaining space.
Modernizing a Galley Kitchen in DC
The goal of one Southwest Washington, DC remodel was to satisfy the functional requirements of a modern kitchen, within an open plan, and also enhance the overall aesthetic of the space. We removed the kitchen’s walls and an adjacent coat closet and gave the space a modern makeover. The new kitchen features a curved dropped ceiling, island with marble counters, open shelving, and custom backsplash.
Ready to Build Your Dream Kitchen?
Whether you want to expand your kitchen space with an addition or make simple updates to your small row house kitchen, Wentworth has the experience, expertise, and passion to ensure your project goes smoothly from the very beginning.
Get in touch with our team today to start your project—and feel free to view past kitchen remodels we have completed in DC and the surrounding areas!