Planning Your Home Remodel & Communicating Your Vision
Remodeling your home is not an easy, quick thing—it takes a significant amount of planning and patience. And two key components make all the difference:
- Clearly communicating your remodeling vision
- Choosing the right design-build company
How do you go about doing this? One thing we suggest is getting on Houzz, a social media platform with a large number of professionals in the home remodeling industry!
Advantages of Using Houzz to Talk to Professionals
Houzz allows you to clearly communicate your vision and ideas with professionals through ideabooks. One of the best ways to do this is to create ideabooks filled with ideas you have in mind and share them with home remodelers. You can also browse professionals’ ideabooks, especially if you need a little design inspiration.
In addition to communicating your ideas through ideabooks, you can also:
- Ask questions about remodeling companies’ photos (if you see a specific feature you like, you can ask them to give you more details)
- Post questions to forums and get answers from different professionals
- Read reviews of professionals you may be considering for your project (a high number of positive reviews gives you the peace of mind that you have found a talented, reliable company)
Once you have narrowed it down to a few design-build firms, do more research. Ask about their license, insurance, references and affiliations (learn more here).
Planning to Remodel Your DC Area Home?
If you’re in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, consider Wentworth as your design-build firm. We have experience remodeling and building additions to all types of homes in the area and have created numerous award-winning designs.
Browse our Houzz profile and contact our professionals for an initial consultation so we can start building your dream home!