5 Remodeling Trends in 2016
New year, new home—it’s time for a fresh start! If you think your home is too cramped, too outdated, too formal for your lifestyle (or anything else less than perfect in your eyes), it’s time for a remodel. What are the trends expected to emerge in 2016? What is “in” when it comes to home color, décor, and furniture?
2016 Kitchen & Bathroom Trends
- Softer, more muted colors: Rather than bright, bold shades, there is expected to be more white and neutral colors like gray and light pastels. White on white may even be more prominent, Kohler estimates.
- More personalization: Whether you want your home to be more high-tech (and smart spaces are one of the trends this year) or want customized details, your home should work for you—your unique style and personality. Creating a personalized space is the best way to increase daily living and add value to your home.
- Spacious and integrated kitchens: Closed off spaces are a thing of the past. Modern kitchens are open, airy, and spacious, integrated with adjacent living spaces (dining rooms, living rooms, etc.). More and more homeowners are interested in integrated and hidden appliances as well.
- Metal range hoods: This year, metal will play a more dominant role in the kitchen and have already gained much popularity as the material of choice for range hoods. This trend provides a nice contrast to the white and light, neutral color palettes.
- Spa-like bathrooms: As one of the most used rooms in your home, the bathroom should not be cramped and uncomfortable. Spacious, spa-like bathrooms are in, with an emphasis on showers. Popular updates include soaking tubs and walk-in shower stalls with benches, multiple showerheads, and glass tile surrounds. Other design elements that can add to a more peaceful, relaxing bathroom experience include heated towel racks, large vanity and ample storage.
If you’re ready to remodel your home, contact the award-winning Wentworth team. No matter what stage you are at—whether you just have a couple ideas to improve your home or know exactly how you want your space to look—we look forward to helping you.
View our portfolio to see more pictures of homes we have remodeled in the Washington, DC metropolitan area!