Kid-Friendly Home Ideas
Planning on remodeling your home to better accommodate your growing family? There’s no better time than the present—2016 is the year to improve your home the way you’ve always wanted to! If you need ideas for kid-friendly design, there are many options available. Houzz is one great remodeling resource, and Wentworth is proud to be featured in the Ideabook “12 Features in a Kid-Friendly Home.”
Mudroom Addition in Potomac, MD
The project featured in the above Ideabook is a home addition in Potomac, Maryland—including a mudroom (formerly a porch). As you undoubtedly know, when you have kids, it can be difficult to stay organized. But with the right design, your home can stay clean and clutter-free. This mudroom features elements to facilitate organization—cubbies and coat hooks. It may not seem like it, but children like to hang their coats on hooks, especially if the hooks are within their reach!
Other Kid-Friendly Designs
Our team has incorporated cubbies in other rooms as well and has remodeled many basements into playrooms and child-friendly areas.
Other ideas for kid-friendly designs include:
- Cubbies for playrooms (encourages kids to put away their toys and makes cleaning up easier)
- Built-in benches in mudrooms and entryways (allows children to reach coat hooks that may be installed at higher heights while also enhancing the overall design of the space)
- Floating vanities (provides a place to store stools that kids may need to reach the sink without cluttering the room)
- Chalkboard with magnetic panels (great for any space, from the kitchen to basement playrooms)
- Two tiered kitchen island (allows you to help the kids with homework while preparing dinner)
View pictures of other remodels we have completed in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia—from kitchens and bathrooms to home additions, basement playrooms, converted garages, and more.
Ready to create the home of your dreams? Call us for an initial consultation!