Our COVID-19 Precautions
At Wentworth Studio, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of everyone we work with. That’s why we are taking extraordinary measures to protect our clients and employees amid a global pandemic. Learn about the precautions we’re taking against COVID-19 here.
Our COVID-19 Protocols
When you hire us to remodel your home, you can trust that we have your best interests at heart every step of the way. Here’s what we’re doing to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- We monitor and comply with all applicable federal, state and local governmental legal requirements.
- We keep abreast of governmental and industry safety guidelines and recommendations, and strive to implement them to the extent possible.
- We require employees and subcontractors to wear face coverings and social distance (to the extent possible) when meeting with clients or performing work onsite.
- We have signage posted at the door reminding anyone who enters that we require face coverings and social distancing (to the extent possible) at all times.
- We make hand sanitizer available to our employees.
- Our staff members work with the same small group of coworkers each day to reduce the spread of any viral threats.
- We ask any employee who feels sick to stay home. If anyone shows up with symptoms, we send them home and ask them to pursue COVID-19 testing. We then require a quarantine period of two weeks or until the employee can verify that the illness is not COVID-19, whichever comes first.
We require any employee or subcontractor who learns they have come in contact or proximity with anyone who is identified with having contracted COVID-19 to notify us and quarantine as appropriate.
Remodeling Your Home during a Pandemic
Our design-build process once began with meeting clients in-house or on-site. With the onset of COVID-19, we have since moved consultations to a virtual setting. Whether you meet with us by phone, teleconferencing, or videoconferencing, we’ll get your project started with no in-person contact whatsoever. Still, our architects, designers, and builders will remain in close contact with you via email or phone to make sure we exceed your expectations once the time comes to start building.
We provide each client with a written document defining our COVID-19 safety protocols, the potential delays that may occur when remodeling during a pandemic, and a liability waiver. Both parties sign the agreement to make sure everyone is aware of the steps we’re taking to protect our staff and clients.
We have worked with the same subcontractors for plumbing, electrical, mechanical, drywall, and paint for the past 15 years. This provides familiarity to our clients and promotes a safe work situation.
For smaller projects, you’ll live in the house during the remodeling work. We zone off construction areas with temporary plastic walls to create separation. We also ask homeowners and their guests to avoid direct contact with our construction crew. For whole-house remodeling, it may be best for your family to move out during the project for the safety of everyone involved.
We also require our clients to observe the local laws and government orders related to limiting the spread of COVID-19. This may include practicing social distancing and wearing face coverings in public. If anyone in your household tests positive for COVID-19, has symptoms of this illness, or comes in close contact with anyone who has tested positive, we ask that you notify us immediately.
Start Your Home Renovation Today
Whether you’re hoping to reconfigure your home office, convert the garage into a home gym, or add a master suite, we have you covered. Thanks to our comprehensive design-build services, you can count on us to take your project from start to finish, with your health and well-being at the forefront of everything we do.
Are you ready to begin the home remodeling process? If so, please contact us online or call (240) 383-1226 to schedule a virtual consultation with our design team today.