Remodeling Your Guest Room
Do you love it when guests stop by from out of town? Maybe some of your family and friends are reluctant to visit because they don’t want to pay for a hotel room. Make everyone’s lives easier by adding a guest room to your home.
Wentworth Studio is your source for guest room additions in Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia. We’ll begin with a design consultation to determine your wants, needs, and ideas for the new space.
Contact us to get started, or read on to learn more about guest rooms.
Benefits of Guest Rooms
Is adding a guest room a wise move? Consider why more and more homeowners are building or converting unused spaces into guest rooms:
- Accommodate loved ones when they visit: The most obvious reason to add a guest room is to avoid shuffling rooms or asking loved ones to sleep on a pull-out couch. With a comfortable, private place to stay, guests are more likely to visit.
- Increase the value of your home: You may use it as a guest room, but the real estate industry sees it as another bedroom. As a result, your home’s resale value will rise!
- Use the guest room as a multi-purpose space: A well-designed guest room never goes to waste, even when visitors aren’t in town. With a space-saving Murphy bed, it can double as a rec room, playroom, home gym, or craft room until your next guest stays over.
- Eventually, convert the guest room into an in-law suite or apartment: If your guest room is large, private, and self-contained, you can use it as an in-law suite. With a kitchenette and private entrance, you can even rent out the guest room as an apartment for extra income.
Guest Room Bathrooms
The most basic guest rooms include nothing but a room with a bed and possibly a nightstand. However, you may decide to treat your guests to their own private luxury suite, complete with an attached bathroom.
Adding a guest room bathroom is never a bad idea. Not only does it make your family and friends feel pampered, but it also further increases your home’s resale value. It also gives you greater flexibility for converting the space into an in-law suite or apartment later on.
Where to Put Your New Guest Room
You have three primary options:
- Build a guest room addition: If you currently use every available space in your house, the best option for adding a guest room is to build a home addition. The extra space is sure to prove beneficial, especially if you use the room in other ways when guests aren’t in town.
- Construct a guest house: If adding to your home isn’t feasible, it may be better to construct a detached guest house on your property. Your loved ones will enjoy maximum privacy while staying just a few steps away.
- Turn your basement into a guest suite: Whether you’re looking to finish your basement or remodel the current layout, this could be the perfect place to put a guest suite. The basement provides plenty of room to accommodate out-of-town guests. Plus, Wentworth Studios can make sure the space is functional, safe, up-to-code, and feels like a brand new oasis for your guests to enjoy.
Plan Your Guest Room Today
With the exceptional design team at Wentworth guiding your decisions, it’s easier than you might think to add a guest room to your home. We’ll help you maximize the space to achieve the ideal guest room aesthetic and design, no matter how much square footage you’re working with.
When you’re ready to begin discussing your options, please get in touch with us by calling (240) 383-1226. We are eager to help you design and build the guest room you’ve always wanted!